This is for Internet email account (external email) setup on Microsoft Outlook (XP users only!).
* You will have to import contact to your outlook. Please click here for Contact importing procedure.
1. Right click on the MS Outlook icon, and choose “Properties”. Following window will open. Click on “E-mail Accounts” button.
2. Select the Add a new e-mail account and then click Next
3. On the Internet following window select POP3 Then Click Next
4. This will open a new window for your e-mail
setup into which you will enter information
regarding your domain email account. (This tells Outlook whose mail is coming
in and/or going out.) After entering the required information on each screen,
choose Next to continue the setup. *Numbers 2, 5, and 6 will be given to you by Chanette or
1 enter your Name (Full Name)
2 enter your e-mail address: will be given to you by administrator
3 enter your Incoming mail server(pop3): pop.ohinc.org
4 enter your Outgoing mail server: smtp.ohinc.org
5 enter your user Name: same as number 2.
5 enter your Password : will be given to you by administrator
5. Click on the “More Settings Button” and select outgoing server tab. Make sure you check the box “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires Authentication”
Click OK, then NEXT, then Finish. Your email account is now setup with
Microsoft Outlook. PLEASE DELETE/REMOVE YOUR OLD MS MAIL ACCOUNT.
PLEASE DELETE/REMOVE YOUR OLD MS MAIL ACCOUNT.
Please don't forget to import contact list. This way, you will not have to type-in everyone's address all the time. Contact importing procedure can be found HERE.